Wearing baby in a wrap, sling, or carrier is a sweet way to help them learn, grow, and thrive. But it’s important to keep them safe, too. We recommend you keep a few things in mind whenever you’re wearing your little one:
- Always check to be sure that all knots and buckles are secure.
- Monitor newborns carefully to make sure their chin is off their chest, so their airway stays open.
- Keep baby’s face visible, and their head close enough to kiss.
- When picking something up off the ground, bend at the knee, not at the hip, so baby stays upright.
- Never drive a car or ride a bicycle.
- Never drink hot liquids.
And always remember to do safety checks after putting baby in a wrap, carrier, or sling!